DONALD MALEY SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE
Outstanding Graduate Student Citation
DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1st
The Donald Maley Spirit of Excellence Outstanding
Graduate Student Citation, named for Dr. Donald Maley, one of
the profession's "Distinguished Fellows" and a founder
of the Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators, recognizes excellence
in graduate level scholarship and leadership potential.
Each Institutional Member may choose one outstanding graduate
student from its program to be recognized at the ITEEA Annual
Conference. The recognition ceremony is a feature of the Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators Maley Spirit of Excellence Breakfast.
Requirements: Only ITEEA Institutional Member universities will
be eligible to participate. Graduate students must be ITEEA members
at the time their name is submitted and at the time of the award.
Graduate students must be enrolled in the institution's graduate
program at the time of nomination. Graduate students will be
required to submit a design activity or lesson/unit plan (to
be published) to teach some aspect of technology and engineering education.
Recipients are encouraged to attend the ITEEA conference and
participate in the ITEEA Teaching Technology and Engineering Showcase, featuring
their activity or plan. The Institutional Member will designate
the student to be honored.
A. Benefits to the Student
- A plaque that cites his/her excellence in graduate scholarship.
- Recognized at an official ceremony.
- Recognition from members of the profession (at institution,
nationally, and internationally).
- Shares work with the profession through potential publication.
- Receives a $100 stipend to assist with conference expenses,
including the FTEE Breakfast (forwarded after conference attendance
- Increases potential to have an annual conference experience.
- Participates in conference session through the ITEEA Teaching
Technology and Engineering Showcase (form enclosed).
B. Benefits to Institutional Member
- Receives recognition through the student being honored.
- Conference experience strengthens its students.
- Allows institution to feature one of its top students.
- Gains visibility with other potential students.
- Creates good will between student and his/her institution.
- Recognized at ceremony honoring its student.
- Student is launched as a potential leader at an important
time in his/her career.
C. FTEE/ITEEA will
- Evaluate the student's work for publication.
- Provide further recognition for the student and university
through a listing in Technology and Engineering Teacher
and FTEE Breakfast program.
- Add services to the institutional membership.
- Recognize graduate students at an important time in their
Maley Outstanding Graduate Student Nomination Form - Word - PDF
Teaching Technology Showcase Application
Share your best technology and engineering education activity with us by participating
in the ITEEA Teaching Technology and Engineering Showcase at the ITEEA International